© 2014 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.

8/26/2014 8:34 P.M. ET

Six prospects lined up for Arizona Fall League

TORONTO -- Deven Marrero is the highest-ranked Red Sox prospect headed to the Arizona Fall League. Boston's No. 11 prospect according to MLB.com is one of six Red Sox Minor League players that'll suit up for the Surprise Saguaros when AFL play opens Oct. 7.

Marrero, the club's first-round pick in the 2012 First-Year Player Draft, has appeared in 44 games with Triple-A Pawtucket, going .215, with one homer, nine doubles and 19 RBIs. He'll be joined by No. 14 prospect Sean Coyle, an infielder who's hitting .299 with 14 homers and 56 RBIs in 91 games with Double-A Portland. Coyle was drafted by Boston in the third round (110th overall) in 2010. He appeared in the 2014 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game at Target Field as a member of the United States squad.

"We welcome the Class of 2014 and the arrival of the Arizona Fall League's 23rd season," AFL director Steve Cobb said. "It's an exciting array of top Draft choices and Minor League All-Stars who have excelled in the early stages of their professional careers. We continue to take great pride in the role the Fall League serves in Major League Baseball's player development process.

"Approximately 60 percent of our players will reach the Major Leagues. We want fans to know top young professional talent still will be playing baseball in October and November in Arizona."

Other Sox prospects include pitchers Keith Couch, Aaron Kurcz, Robby Scott, Madison Younginer and an outfielder to be named later.

Despite struggles, no plans to shut down Koji

TORONTO -- Manager John Farrell said there are no plans to shut down Koji Uehara despite the closer's recent struggles.

Uehara recorded his second blown save in as many games on Monday in the Red Sox's 4-3 win over the Blue Jays, prompting questions about whether or not the right-hander is experiencing fatigue.

"He's gone through a bit of a stretch where he hasn't been as efficient or effective as we're accustomed to seeing," Farrell said on Tuesday. "But that does not take away our belief or confidence in him."

Uehara has thrown 134 1/3 regular-season innings since the beginning of 2013, the highest combined total of any back-to-back seasons in his six-year Major League career. He also worked an additional 13 2/3 innings in Boston's run to the World Series last year.

Still, Farrell said Uehara has not reported any symptoms of fatigue following his regular throwing program. However, Farrell acknowledged that because of Uehara's workload the past few seasons, he could be tiring.

"We realize that he's thrown a lot for us. We're not going to apologize for playing a full month extra last year, so if there is some residual effects, it's possible," Farrell said. "And he's thrown some high-leverage innings for us this year."

Uehara has blown four saves this season. He's allowed seven earned runs over his last four outings (3 1/3 innings) after a span of 13 appearances without giving up a run.

Although he was the winning pitcher Monday, Uehara allowed a game-tying, two-run double to Edwin Encarnacion in the bottom of the ninth. Uehara had an unusually bad night against the Mariners on Friday, surrendering five runs over two-thirds of an inning with a walk and five hits.

Bogaerts feeling better, set to rejoin club this weekend

TORONTO -- Xander Bogaerts is symptom free and should be ready to rejoin the team this weekend at some point during the Red Sox series vs. the Rays, manager John Farrell said on Tuesday.

"He's had a good day to day," Farrell said. "He's come in and he's pretty much feeling symptom free, so we'll go through the next steps to get approval from MLB."

Bogaerts was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list retroactive to Saturday. He suffered the injury after being hit by a pitch in the head by Felix Hernandez on Friday night. Bogaerts is eligible to come off the DL for the second match of the Red Sox's three-game series against the Rays in St. Petersburg.

Farrell said once Bogaerts gets medical clearance, he'll start ramping up his physical activities, although there will still be some hoops to jump through before he can be activated.

"Exertion test, [and an] exam by our own doctors that has to be submitted for approval by the association and MLB to be signed off on. It's pretty stringent protocol in place," Farrell said.

Worth noting

• David Ortiz was out of the lineup for the second day in a row on Tuesday. Big Papi is still hurting after he fouled a pitch off his right foot over the weekend.

"He's improved, yet he still needs another day. ...Hopefully he's back in the lineup tomorrow," said Farrell.

• Triple-A Pawtucket starter Anthony Ranaudo was named the International League's Most Valuable Pitcher on Tuesday. Ranaudo, the team's No. 5 prospect according to MLB.com, is 14-4 with a 2.61 ERA in 24 starts with the PawSox this season.

Jamie Ross is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.