4/18/2014 2:05 A.M. ET
Bogaerts off Twitter after accidental tweet
By Ian Browne / MLB.com
CHICAGO -- Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts expressed remorse for accidentally tweeting a picture of a woman who wasn't fully dressed, and he noted it was a learning experience.
"It definitely wasn't my intention," said Bogaerts. "Once I found out it was on Twitter, I went and deleted it and also locked my Twitter account. Like I said, once I found out, I had to do the right thing and correct it. But one thing is for sure, I don't want any distraction on the team or for me. Hopefully my main focus can be on baseball."
In an age where social media is everywhere, the Red Sox do take the time to try to educate their players about the pratfalls of it.
"We do," said Red Sox manager John Farrell. "We go through a session in Spring Training every year. This is one of the pitfalls of social media. But I think the most important thing is Xander has acknowledged it and learned from it, and we move on."
Bogaerts wasn't sure how the photo got from his phone to his Twitter account.
"The thing is, I don't even tweet at all," Bogaerts said. "I think my last tweet was probably last year. For me to do a tweet like that was something very unexpected, definitely."
And yes, at 21 years old and with a promising career in front of him, Bogaerts knows he's not immune to making mistakes.
"I mean, no one's perfect," Bogaerts said. "Be a man and just face the situation. As I said, once I found out, I just took it down. I didn't even know it was on there."
Napoli back at cleanup; Uehara back in 'pen
CHICAGO -- The Red Sox had slugger Mike Napoli back in the cleanup hole and closer Koji Uehara back in the bullpen for Thursday night's 3-1 win in the series finale against the White Sox.
Napoli dislocated his left ring finger in the ninth inning of Tuesday night's game, and he was out of the lineup on Wednesday. He went 1-for-3 and scored the go-ahead run on Thursday.
"He is relatively fine, yeah," said Red Sox manager John Farrell. "Even last night, he was available for a couple of different ways if we chose to use him. We feel like the swelling continues to go down. The discomfort that was there yesterday is less than today. There will probably be some taping just to support it further, but he's in there, ready to go."
As for Uehara, the Red Sox didn't have his services for five straight games as he dealt with discomfort in his right shoulder. He pitched around a single in the ninth on Thursday to record his third save.
Edward Mujica, who blew the save in Wednesday's eventual win, had been filling in as the closer.
Victorino ready for Minors rehab assignment
CHICAGO -- The Red Sox are getting closer to being able to field their whole lineup together for the first time this season. Right fielder Shane Victorino, who started the season on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain, will start a Minor League rehab assignment on Saturday.
Victorino will most likely play at Triple-A Pawtucket. He will take a down day on Sunday, and then play again on Monday and Tuesday.
It's possible Victorino could be activated by Wednesday or Thursday, when the Red Sox finish their homestand against the Yankees.
If not, he should certainly be ready by April 25, when the Sox start a three-game series in Toronto.
As for third baseman Will Middlebrooks, who remains on the shelf with a right calf strain, his potential return is now being complicated by a case of the flu.
Middlebrooks was sent back to Boston on Thursday. He had been working out with the team.