12/22/2010 4:45 PM ET
Red Sox announce 2011 Minor League field staffs
BOSTON, MA - The Boston Red Sox today announced the 2011 field staffs for each of their six minor league teams.
The announcement of managers, coaches and athletic trainers was made by Director of Player Development Mike Hazen.
The Red Sox have added one new individual for assignment in the 2011 field staff alignment, hiring Paul Abbott as the pitching coach at Short-A Lowell.
BOSTON RED SOX 2011 MINOR LEAGUE FIELD STAFFS
Pawtucket (Triple-A, International League)
- Manager: Arnie Beyeler - Moves to Pawtucket for his eighth season as a manager in the Red Sox farm system. He spent the last four years at the helm for Double-A Portland and previously managed in the Red Sox farm system at Short-A Lowell from 2000-01 and at Single-A Augusta in 2002.
- Pitching Coach: Rich Sauveur
- Hitting Coach: TBA
- Athletic Trainer: Jon Jochim
Portland (Double-A, Eastern League)
- Manager: Kevin Boles - Moves to Portland after managing last season at Single-A Salem and serving in the same capacity with Single-A Greenville from 2008-09.
- Pitching Coach: Bob Kipper
- Hitting Coach: Dave Joppie
- Athletic Trainer: Paul Buchheit
Salem (Single-A, Carolina League)
- Manager: Bruce Crabbe - Will serve as Salem's manager after skippering at Lowell in 2010.
Pitching Coach: Kevin Walker - Moves to Salem after working as Greenville's pitching coach in 2010. He was pitching coach for Lowell in 2009 in his professional coaching debut.
- Hitting Coach: Alex Ochoa - Joins Salem after serving last season as Special Assistant in the Red Sox Baseball Operations department. He began his pro coaching career in 2009 as Boston's coaching staff assistant.
- Athletic Trainer: Brandon Henry
Greenville (Single-A, South Atlantic League)
- Manager: Billy McMillon
- Pitching Coach: Dick Such - Moves to Greenville after serving as Salem's pitching coach from 2009-10.
- Hitting Coach: Luis Lopez
- Athletic Trainer: David Herrera
Lowell (Short-A, New York-Penn League)
- Manager: Carlos Febles - Makes his managerial debut with the Spinners, where he served as a coach in 2007. He was Salem's hitting coach from 2009-10 and held the same role for Single-A Lancaster in 2008.
- Pitching Coach: Paul Abbott - Makes his affiliated coaching debut. He spent the past two seasons with the independent Golden League's Orange County Flyers, serving as manager in 2010 and as pitching coach in 2009, and was also an assistant coach at Fullerton (CA) Junior College. A right-handed pitcher, he played 20 seasons of professional ball from 1985-2005 and spent parts of 11 seasons in the Major Leagues with the Twins (1990-92), Indians (1993), Mariners (1998-2002), Royals (2003), Devil Rays (2004) and Phillies (2004).
- Hitting Coach: TBA
- Athletic Trainer: Elizondo Mauricio
Gulf Coast (Rookie, Gulf Coast League)
- Manager: George Lombard - Makes his managerial debut in 2011 after spending the 2010 campaign as hitting coach for Lowell.
- Coach: Dave Tomlin - Will serve as a coach after managing the GCL Red Sox over the past five seasons from 2006-2010.
- Pitching Coach: Walter Miranda
- Hitting Coach: U.L. Washington