BOSTON -- With the scored tied, 1-1, in the middle of the ninth inning and a heavy rain falling, the Red Sox's game against the Rays on Friday night at Fenway Park was delayed, eventually being suspended after an hour and three minutes.

"To be honest with you, I think they did the right [thing]," catcher Jason Varitek said. "I don't know how anybody could still pitch, soaked and cold and wet. But hopefully it stays dry enough for us [Saturday]."

The game will be resumed at 7:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, before the start of the regularly scheduled contest. The game will resume with the score tied and the Sox batting in the bottom of the ninth. After the conclusion, the originally scheduled contest will begin approximately 30-45 minutes later.

The continuation of Friday's game is governed by the rules of Major League Baseball. In accordance with those rules, the first game of the series must be played to completion before the second game may commence.

Tickets for Saturday's game will be valid for both the suspended game and the regularly scheduled contest. Tickets for Friday will no longer be valid.

For Jeremy Hermida, his first start at home had an unexpected non-ending.

"We'll go back out there and see if we can get a 'W' [Saturday]," Hermida said. "We got a chance to win two [Saturday], so it's a good day for us.

"I'm hitting in the three-hole [Saturday], so I'm pretty excited about it. It's going to be a little bit different, but stepping out there and finishing that game, we got to make sure we got our focus and realize what the situation is. We got a chance to go out there and win a ballgame."

Gates will open at 5:10 p.m.

Cameron hopes to return on Saturday

BOSTON -- Mike Cameron, who has missed the past two days with kidney stones, said he expects to be back Saturday.

"It don't really happen too often," he said. "And then you got to come over and finish it tomorrow. It's crazy. The weather's going to be terrible tomorrow, too. Worse. A good day to come back and play baseball."

Cameron was happy to be back with the team after staying behind Thursday in Minnesota while undergoing tests to reveal the source of his abdominal pain, which turned out to the be the kidney stones. He returned to Boston in time to be an observer for Friday night's suspended game.

Dice-K to make final rehab start

BOSTON -- Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was placed on the DL on April 3 with a mild neck strain, made his second rehab start with Triple-A Pawtucket on Thursday, pitching six scoreless innings, giving up three hits with two strikeouts.

He is scheduled to make a final rehab start Wednesday for the PawSox in Lehigh Valley and rejoin the Sox after that.