Enter to Win and you and three (3) guests could be enjoying four (4) field level dugout seats at a Red Sox Game, you can't get any closer to the action without a uniform!
Prior to the game, Winner and three (3) guests will also enjoy a private tour of Boston's world famous Fenway Park, after which they will remain on the field to watch Red Sox Batting Practice. The Grand Prize also includes dinner for four (4) at Fenway's luxurious EMC club.
This raffle is now closed the Winner is Thomas T., Old Orchard Beach, ME. The Winning number was #100-00003-062
See Official Rules for Complete Details.
Celebrities For Charity Foundation, Inc.
The following are the official rules ("Official Rules") of the Celebrities For Charity Foundation, Inc. ("CFC") raffle referenced on the webpage containing these Official Rules (the "Raffle") for which you are ordering tickets. The net proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the Major League Baseball club (the Club) charitable entity referenced on the webpage containing these Official Rules.
1. Entrant must be 18 years of age, or older, to order or purchase a ticket.
2. The employees and immediate family members, (Spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), or anyone living in the same household of any such employee, of CFC, its web designers, programmers, hosting company, and their respective subcontractors, the Club, its charitable entity, or MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (the Prize Sponsors) or the Entrant's Agent or any MLB Entity (defined below) is not eligible to enter. Also, anyone deemed by CFC, in their sole discretion, to be in the position to create even a perception of having an undue influence on the results of the Raffle, whether or not any such undue influence actually exists, is not eligible to enter.
3. To enter, complete the online Order Form on the CFC website and submit it to CFC. This is the only way to enter this Raffle. For purposes of this Raffle, the Order Form on the CFC website also may be accessed on the Clubs website (the Club Website).
4. Agents, bulk sellers, professional fundraisers, dealers, or distributors of raffle tickets are not permitted to participate.
5. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for income tax purposes.
7. Entrant hereby acknowledges that he or she is aware that depositing the ticket; or any other material in connection with the raffle, in the federal mails is a violation of federal law and may lead to criminal penalties.
8. Entrant acknowledges that he or she has read the Official Rules of this Raffle and agrees that upon acceptance by CFC of the Entrant's order, that he or she will be contractually bound by the Official Rules of this Raffle. Furthermore, the Entrant also acknowledges and agrees that by selecting the "I Agree" box on the Order Form that he or she is affixing his or her electronic signature to the Order Form, which is equivalent to his or her "written signature", and that submission of the Order Form with the Entrant's electronic signature certifies to CFC that the Entrant has read the Official Rules of this Raffle and agrees to be bound by them. Moreover, in certain circumstances, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that the Official Tickets of the Raffle be signed by the person purchasing the ticket and the person selling the Official Ticket. In such circumstances, the Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that, upon acceptance of the Entrants order and issuance of his or her tickets, that by having selecting the I Agree? box on the Order Form, the electronic signature provided with the order is also the Entrants electronic signature to the Official Tickets. Furthermore, each Official Ticket Issued by CFC, as a part of the process of being issued by CFC, has attached to it the electronic signature of the President of CFC at the time of its issuance.
9. Entrant hereby authorizes and grants CFC an irrevocable durable limited power of attorney for the sole purpose of retaining the services of an attorney to act as the agent, the "Entrant's Agent" for the Entrant as an individual and the Entrants as a whole. Entrant further authorizes CFC to prepay the Entrant's Agent for his or her services on behalf of the Entrant.
10. Entrant hereby authorizes and grants the Entrant's Agent an irrevocable durable limited power of attorney for the sole purpose of receiving and holding the Entrant's Official Tickets, which the Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees will be transferred and stored in electronic format.
11. Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Entrant's Agent will hold both the Entrant's tickets as well as all the tickets of all the Entrants as a whole and agrees that this does not in any way create any conflict of interest with regard to the responsibilities of the Entrant's Agent.
12. The Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Entrant's Agent's responsibilities are limited to the following: 1. receiving the Entrant's Official Tickets on behalf of the Entrant, 2. holding and safeguarding the Entrant's Official Tickets, in electronic format, on behalf of the Entrant, and all of the Entrants as a whole, and 3. Upon the request by CFC, printing a hard copy of the Official Winning Ticket for CFC. Furthermore, the Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Entrant's Agent is not responsible to produce a hard copy, or a copy in any other medium, of any Official Ticket prior to the Winner being drawn, or for any non-winning Official Tickets after the Winner has been drawn.
13. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that CFC will be reimbursed from the proceeds of the Raffle for CFC's prepayment, on behalf of the Entrant, of the Entrant's Agent's fees.
14. Entrant acknowledges and agrees to the following: 1. That by submitting his or her order that the Entrant is making an offer to purchase Raffle tickets from CFC. 2. That CFC's receipt of the Entrant's order does not constitute CFC's acceptance the Entrant's order. 3. That upon CFC's receipt of the Entrants order, CFC will send the Entrant's credit card information, via a secure router, to the Entrant's credit card provider, or a third party that provides verification services for the credit card provider, and await confirmation and a credit authorization number. 4. Upon receipt of a credit authorization number, CFC will accept the Entrant's order, at which time the Entrant and CFC will be contractually bound by the Official Rules of this Raffle. 5. Once CFC accepts the Entrant's order, CFC will charge the Entrant's credit card account for the total amount of his purchase. 6. CFC will then issue raffle tickets in the name of the Entrant, or Gift Recipient, as the case may be, which will be forwarded to the Entrant's Agent, who is an attorney that has been prepaid by CFC, on behalf of the Entrant, and is fiducially bound to represent the interests of the Entrant. 7. CFC will issue the Entrant an electronic receipt for his or her purchase that will provide reference numbers, which are not the official ticket numbers but rather a unique number formulated for each unique raffle ticket number, for the raffle tickets that the Entrant has purchased.
15. Once the Entrant's order has been accepted by CFC, it cannot be cancelled by the Entrant. Furthermore, the Entrant's purchase is final; no refunds or exchanges will be made.
16. No orders will be accepted after the specified Entry Deadline unless such Entry Deadline has been extended pursuant to section B4a of these official rules.
17. The odds of winning the Grand Prize Package (defined below) depend on the total number of raffle tickets sold.
18. The Drawing for this Raffle will be conducted on the specified Drawing Date, which may be extended pursuant to section B4b of these Official Rules, by running a program that selects a random number from the pool of raffle tickets that were sold.
19. Entrant does not need to be present at the drawing to win. CFC will notify the Winner, who will be announced as the Winner contingent upon verification of Winner's eligibility and Winner's abidance with the official rules of the Raffle. Upon verification of Winner's eligibility and Winner's abidance with the official rules of the Raffle, CFC will award the prizes or the prize certificates necessary for the Winner to claim the prizes of this Raffle.
20. Return of any prize, or other notification, to the Winner as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected.
21. (Please note that you do not need to pick up the prize in person, in Andover, MA option 3 below allows you to have the prize claimed and delivered to you at no additional charge to you) Entrant agrees that if selected as the Winner that he or she will either 1. Claim the Prize Items in person at Winner's expense, at CFC's offices in Andover, Massachusetts, or 2. Provide satisfactory power of attorney to another person to claim the Prize Items, at Winner's expense, at CFC's offices in Andover, Massachusetts on behalf of the Winner, or 3. Provide the Entrant's Agent with an irrevocable durable limited power of attorney to claim the Prize Items on behalf of the Winner. If the Winner chooses to have the Entrants Agent claim the prize on behalf of the Winner, it will be done at no additional charge to the Winner. Once the Winner has claimed his or her prize, or the prize has been claimed on behalf of the Winner by the Entrants Agent, the prize, subject to prize restrictions, will be delivered to the Winner at no additional cost to the Winner. In the event the Grand Prize Package includes a presentation ceremony and/or attendance at a Major League Baseball game or other event where the Prizes will be presented, the Winner may choose to decline attendance at the presentation ceremony, and or forfeit any tickets to the game, in which case, any remaining Prizes that can be delivered to the Winner will be delivered to Winner at no additional charge to the Winner. Any decision by the Winner to decline attendance at the presentation ceremony and or forfeit any tickets to a game, or any other Grand Prize Package items, must be in writing in a form acceptable to CFC, and must be received by CFC prior to delivery of the remaining items (if any) in the Grand Prize Package. Any and all Raffle prizes forfeited are forever gone and may not be transferred to another party or claimed at later date. All tickets and other considerations included in the Grand Prize Package are on an if used basis and will be forfeited, with no compensation to the Winner, if they are not used by the Winner.
22. Entrant agrees that if he or she is selected the Winner, regardless of whether or not he or she has yet been qualified as the Winner, that CFC and the Prize Sponsors, and their agents are granted permission, without further notice, to use the Entrant's name and or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without any further compensation to the Entrant.
23. The Winner may not give, sell, or otherwise transfer his or her prizes to anyone else without the express written consent of CFC.
24. Before being awarded any prizes or prize certificates, the Winner and his or her traveling companion(s) (if any), as necessary, will be required to execute to the satisfaction of CFC and any Prize Sponsors, the following documents. 1, a "Raffle Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release" (or similar document), which, among other things, (A) releases CFC, and any Prize Sponsors, as well as any of their partners, affiliates, related companies, successors, assigns, officers, directors, stockholders, and employees from any and all claims, liability and damages arising directly or indirectly out of the award of, participation in, or use of any Prizes; and, (B) authorizes CFC, the Prize Sponsors, and their agents to make reasonable use, in all media without reimbursement, of the Winner's name, likeness and biographical information. 2. a "Prize Acceptance Form"; In addition to these documents, Prize Sponsors may also require "Additional Waivers", which must be executed to the satisfaction of the Prize Sponsors.
25. Winner and his or her traveling companion(s) (if any) must complete all of the necessary documents, the necessity of which is at the sole discretion of CFC, the earlier of, in time to utilize any prizes that are scheduled events or within 15 days of attempted notification, as determined by CFC. Winner and traveling companions must also execute any and all additional documents required by CFC and or the Prize Sponsors within 15 days of notification. These documents may include, but are not limited to, any and all documents necessary to complete a CORI or other background check in addition to the documents set forth in Paragraph 24 above. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner if time permits. Furthermore, any Major League Baseball, airplane or other tickets issued to the Winner and his or her guests (if any), for any purpose, shall be additionally restrict the Winner and his or her guest(s) (if any) by any terms and conditions any such tickets may be subject to as if any such tickets had been purchased rather than awarded as a Prize and any gift certificates or coupons included in any Grand Prize Package are subject to the terms and conditions stated thereon (or otherwise disclosed to the Winner by the Prize Sponsors in writing at the time of receipt).
26. The Entrant acknowledges that he or she is aware that the IRS, and applicable state taxing authorities, treat prize winnings as ordinary income for tax purposes and that the Winner is responsible for payment of any and all taxes related to his or her winnings. While the Grand Prize Package may include a cash prize which is remitted to the IRS and relevant state tax authorities to mitigate the tax burden incurred by the Winner in conjunction with winning this Raffle, this may or may not be enough to defray the entire tax burden, which will vary depending on the Winner's personal circumstances. If, however, any additional payments for taxes are due, they are the sole responsibility of the Winner. CFC may, in its sole discretion, modify the final amount awarded by CFC to mitigate the Winners federal and state tax liability from winning the prize to reflect any modifications in the value of prizes received by the Winner.
27. Once a certified Winner has received his or her Prize Certificates, CFC, at no extra charge, will coordinate the receipt of all items or performance of all services due, as represented by the Prize Certificates, to the Winner from the Prize Sponsors.
28. If the Winner is disqualified for any reason, and time permits, an alternate Winner may be drawn from the pool of tickets sold. This process will continue until a qualified Winner has been drawn and certified. However, notwithstanding the forgoing, if once a Winner is qualified, CFC in its sole determination, determines that there is not enough time for the Winner to participate in all or certain Raffle Prizes, CFC may in its sole discretion, replace all or a portion of the Raffle Prizes with the Fair Market Value of the Grand Prize Package set forth on the Main Raffle Page.
29. If disqualified, for whatever reason, the Winner is not entitled to a refund of any kind.
30. CFC reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle if fraud, misconduct or technical failure destroy the integrity of the Raffle or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem, including the effects of hackers, corrupts the administration, security, data or proper administration of the Raffle, or for any other reason, as determined by CFC, in its sole discretion, as necessary. Should CFC cancel the Raffle because of any of the forgoing reasons, CFC, in its sole discretion, may refund the Entrants their money for their raffle ticket purchases, or if CFC, in its sole discretion, determines such refunds to be impossible or too expensive to process, CFC may then announce, such announcement being fulfilled by posting any such announcement on the CFC and or the Clubs website, that the Raffle is null and void and that any and all ticket purchases for this Raffle have been reclassified as donations to CFC, which will, in accordance to the agreement(s) between CFC and the charity(s), be donated to the charity(s) named as a beneficiary of the Raffle. If CFC declares that any such raffle ticket purchases are now donations, they will then become tax deductible, as charitable contributions, to the fullest extent of the law.
31. If the Grand Prize Package includes travel and/or accommodation, the Winner, and his or her traveling companion(s) (if any), must depart and return on the dates specified by CFC or, if applicable, the Prize Sponsors. Date and Time of departure and return are subject to change.
32. If the Grand Prize Package includes travel and/or accommodation, Winner and his or her traveling companion(s) (if any) must possess all required travel documents (e.g. valid photo ID, passport, visa, etc.) prior to departure. Plane ticket(s), and/or any other transportation provided for in the Grand Prize Package (if applicable)are provided to the Winner and their guest(s) (if any) on an if-needed, if-used basis.. The Entrant acknowledges that flight dates, times and availability are beyond the control of CFC and the Prize Sponsors. The terms and conditions (as determined by the applicable airline) of airplane tickets (if any) awarded as part of the Grand Prize Package will govern in the event a flight does not occur due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each Winner and his/her guest(s) (if any) agree to comply with all airline regulations in connection with the Grand Prize Package. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any scheduled flight. All travel and accommodations details (if any) will be determined by CFC and the Prize Sponsors in their sole discretion.
33. CFC reserves the right to substitute prizes for other prizes of equal or greater value, the relative value of such prizes being determined in the sole discretion of CFC.
34. Entrant acknowledges that the Grand Prize Package contains certain prizes that cannot be duplicated or replaced, and agrees that should, for whatever reason and either before or after the Entry Deadline or the Drawing Date, all or part of the Grand Prize Package becomes, at the sole discretion of CFC, unavailable or withdrawn, and substitute prizes acceptable to CFC and the Winner, once the Winner is drawn if applicable, cannot be found, that CFC may at its sole discretion replace the Grand Prize Package in whole or in part with a cash prize equal to, if in whole, the Fair Market Value of the Grand Prize Package, as such Fair Market Value is set forth in section B4e of these Official Rules, or, if in part, the Fair Market value, as determined by CFC, at its sole discretion, of the part of the Grand Prize Package that CFC, at its sole discretion, has determined to be unavailable.
35. The Entrant agrees to hold CFC, the Entrant's Agent, the Club, the Prize Sponsors and the MLB Entities (defined below), as well as any of their partners, affiliates, related companies, successors, assigns, officers, directors, stockholders, employees, vendors, subcontractors, attorneys and agents (together, the Released Parties), harmless from any and all claims, liability and damages arising from directly or indirectly Entrant's entry into this Raffle or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any and all portions of the Grand Prize Package should the Entrant be drawn as the Winner. Furthermore, notwithstanding the forgoing, should the Entrant prevail in any cause or action against any of the aforementioned parties, the Entrant Agrees that the Entrant's claim for damages, whether actual or punitive, will be limited to the total amount the Entrant paid to purchase his or her raffle tickets.
36. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, e-mail or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize Package or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition.
37. Entrant agrees that all decisions regarding the administration of this raffle are to be determined by CFC, at its sole discretion, and the Entrant further agrees to abide by all of CFC's decisions as they pertain to this Raffle and that all such decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
38. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any term or provision of these Official Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance, to be to any extent invalid or unenforceable, then these Official Rules shall be amended to the extent necessary to make any such term or provision valid and enforceable. Furthermore, the finding by any court of competent jurisdiction that any term or provision of these Official Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance as invalid or unenforceable shall not make that term or provision or application thereof to any other person or any other circumstance invalid or unenforceable.
39. This Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
1. This Raffle is being held pursuant to a raffle permit issued by either the town of Andover, Massachusetts, or the town of North Andover, Massachusetts, depending on the CFC location at which the winner will be drawn. The Raffle is being conducted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Entrant, CFC, and the Entrant's Agent, hereby agree and confirm that all the elements of the Contract created by and between these parties by these Official Rules and each party's obligations pursuant to this Contract, have been formed and will be fulfilled and discharged solely within the jurisdiction of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Tickets are $2.00 each with a minimum purchase of 5 tickets required. Prices are discounted for purchases of 10 or more tickets.
3. The Drawing will be held at CFC's headquarters in Andover Massachusetts; Entrants do not need to be present to win. The Winner will be notified by CFC. Winner's name will be posted on CFC's website and on the Clubs Website on the Main Raffle Page on or about the date set forth on the Main Raffle Page. In addition to this, the Club may announce the Winner live at a game or other event, in which case the Winners name may be posted shortly after the Winner is announced live.
4. The Main Raffle Page is defined as the page from which you begin the ordering process for Raffle tickets on (as applicable) either the CFC website or on the Club Website. The Main Raffle Page is incorporated into these Official Rules as follows:
a. The Entry Deadline for the Grand Prize is as referenced on the Main Raffle Page. However, CFC, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as CFC, in its sole discretion, determines to be necessary, extend the Entry Deadline by up to thirty days from the original time and date of the original Entry Deadline by changing the Entry Deadline on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Entry Deadline.
b. The Drawing Date for the Grand Prize is as referenced on the Main Raffle Page at a time to be determined by CFC. However, CFC, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as CFC, in its sole discretion, determines to be necessary, extend the Drawing Date by up to thirty days from the original Drawing Date by changing the Drawing Date on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Drawing Date.
c. Net proceeds of this Raffle will benefit the Charity, and or Charities, identified on the Main Raffle Page under Proceeds Benefit and the Celebrities for Charity Foundation.
d. The Grand Prize Package includes all prize items as referenced on the Main Raffle Page including any restrictions thereon.
e. The Fair Market value of the Grand Prize Package is as set forth on the Main Raffle Page.
f. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition
g. MLB Entities means MLB Advanced Media, L.P., the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. (doing business in its own name and as Major League Baseball Productions), Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs, and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers and employees of the above entities.